[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5385: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5387: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5388: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5389: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
This forum is dead :( : Off Topic Chit Chat
Our forum has been closed since 2016. You are still able to read through the old messages, but posting is no longer possible. Enjoy reading back in time of dance music production :)

Privacy notice: some posts may include embedded content and therefore use cookies from those parties (youtube or souncloud, for instance).
Forum rules
Talk about anything in mind that is not music related.

This forum is dead :(

by samcera on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:34 am

It's a sad conclusion, but with just 577 views of the forum overview page last month, and last post dates of most forums somewhere in June or July, I guess it's safe to conclude that this forum serves no purpose anymore. For now nothing will change, although I will remove some of the older forums and merge a few. In the future we might take the forum offline, or leave it somewhere as an archive, but less prominent on the website.

Thanks to everyone who made this place what it was before. To all who contributed in discussions, participated in remix contests or just made midi requests, it was an honour serving you :)

Cheers,
John
samcera
NS2K Admin

Re: This forum is dead :(

by AtanasovskiGorjan on Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:40 am

I would like somehow to help, i have also seen that no one is recently active by considering the last replies on some of the topics. I have been user 2-3 years ago but i forgot my account information. It sad that this powerful site is dying.

Gorjan.
AtanasovskiGorjan
NS2K New Member

by PeabodyknightA123 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:02 pm

Well, this is what I think:

All joking aside, I still think this a great site, and I have met a great group of people on here who just love music. I think one of the big problems is that once somebody gets signed or makes it in the dance music scene (I've seen a lot of people who used to be on here getting released on Enhanced and other big labels), they leave their roots behind. Once someone has developed their style enough, and they get signed, they don't really need a jump-start from the forum that they were a part of for many months or even years. I'm pretty sure Wach (who got his track Abbey on ASOT) posted on here once. I don't think he's posted since. There's a certain point where you've been taught all you can be taught imho, and you can continue helping others (which I've been trying my best to do) or move on. One thing that has kept me so alive on here is that I have the page bookmarked (it's one of the first things on my bookmarks toolbar in Firefox).

That's all I can say. I'm still gonna be here, until the bitter end :wink:

And thank you John for starting this great sight too. It was an honor being a part of this great project.

Daniel
Qp-990
PeabodyknightA123
NS2K Loyal Member

by AUTUMNAL on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry about it :(
I hope NS2K back to his gold moment very soon!

Cheers,
Mehdi

AUTUMNAL
NS2K Member

by Frozen Ray on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:18 pm

"Come for the midis. Stay for the forums" It's more like come for the midis and leave. It's been mostly a midi request site for most of this year. Almost everyone who signs go directly to requesting midis and barely got 1 or 2 posts. Just have to figure out how to make this an interesting midi exchange site since that's what people come for nowadays. :?
Frozen Ray
NS2K Supporter

by Ameyah on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:00 am

Use the midi request option MIDI FILES --> MIDI Requests!
Ameyah
The Bank Man

by samcera on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 am

Thanks for the comments guys! To clarify a bit, the MIDI part of the site will definitely stay. That part still attracts quite a bit of visitors, it's just the forum that's not being used. I agree with Pascal that we should have facebook integration, but the site has become too big for me alone to make that happen. This website is based on a forum and everything that's here is now integrated with that forum. Too bad I haven't done it so well haha. We'd probably need a complete rebuild to get the site to current standards and reduce the barriers to become active here. Unfortunately the days that I have plenty of time are gone (gotta miss studying ;)). That's why for now things will stay as they are :)

@Pascal, teaming up with fss could be a good idea. Don't have a clear picture of how two sites can use the same forum though.
samcera
NS2K Admin

by Ameyah on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:25 am

john ill talk with them about our idea. :)

yes i know itll take ages to rebuild the forum with that facebook integration. maybe we should ask on facebook if there is someone who wants to help us? (could be risky i know - to trust them).

Ameyah
The Bank Man

by Ninieblhz on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello, I'm french
I don't understand why I download always midi incomplete on this site ?
ex :
David Guetta : She wolf (Falling to pieces).mid
Stoppe before 2 minutes
Can someone send me the full version ?
Ninieblhz
NS2K New Member

by Ameyah on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Ameyah
The Bank Man

by Volume on Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 pm

Agree with what others have said , people come here to request/download midi and leave. It's true aswell once someone has had there play or tracked signed they don't bother anymore. What happened to giving and exchanging knowledge to eachother? I thought that was the whole point? Helping each other out? with the same passion. Remember we all started form somewhere.
Volume
NS2K Supporter

by PeabodyknightA123 on Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:21 pm

Imma still be here :wink: This is a great community, and it has helped so many people get their start, even if they don't return. Maybe starting monthly contests again might get people interested? That's one of the reasons I was drawn to the site in the first place, even if it did not mean that I would get a signing or some special device like a synthesizer. I still had fun just creating remixes in a set time frame. One of the biggest reasons why I have grown so much over the past two years has been from doing remixes for the contests on here. Anyway, like I said before, I am still gonna be here until the very bitter end.
PeabodyknightA123
NS2K Loyal Member

by erikh on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:49 am

I really hope the forum survives!
erikh
NS2K Loyal Member

by Z-Styl3 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:37 pm

I confess: I came here because of the midi, then stayed because of the midi, and after I found the forum, stayed because of the forum. Back then, when I registered, I read the sound design, producing help and these kind of topics in two days. Then I wanted to open some new topics, but I saw, the forum is very-very slow and lazy and stuff. The competitions ended, I waited for them long, but theres no more. Then I started to make some midis, but they were crap, or already on the site, so never uploaded them. But now - and here comes some self-promotion - I uploaded the Days To Come midi, and it became the top midi this week. Its awesome, thank you guys! After that, I was curious if the forum revived itself, or not. And Im sad to see this topic :( I wanted a forum, where producers like me, could discuss and help eachother, but if no one cares, and only few remain, who can make things right and could give an advice, then this forum is about nothing but midi-requests. Feel sorry for the site. Hope it renews, srsly.
Z-Styl3
NS2K Rookie

by samcera on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

Thanks guys, I must confess that even I am not posting or reading the forum that often anymore :oops:
Maybe one day I'll be able to revive it, for now it's just a reminder of our history :)
samcera
NS2K Admin

Next