[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 68: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 69: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 68: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 69: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Questions : Off Topic Chit Chat
Our forum has been closed since 2016. You are still able to read through the old messages, but posting is no longer possible. Enjoy reading back in time of dance music production :)

Privacy notice: some posts may include embedded content and therefore use cookies from those parties (youtube or souncloud, for instance).
Forum rules
Talk about anything in mind that is not music related.

Questions

by trick on Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Hello all ,
i want to ask, who makes these MIDI available in this website? they are amazing. how do i learn to make them myself? have you made any ? ok , i can remake the melody but how can those people make exact chords (even complex ones like add 9 , add 7 , 11th etc) . speak your heart. also, how do we create melodies ? do we need music theory ? or is it a born gift? or is it just practice?

Thank You ,
Talk sooN :wink:
trick
NS2K New Member

Re: Questions

by Huntroxic on Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:57 am

The way I make midi's is I go into FL Studio and put the track I'm trying to create in it, then I take my choosing of synths or pianos and put the pattern under the melody I'm trying to recreate. I listen to the melody multiple times adding notes one at a time until the melody I have created and the melody in the track match up perfectly. After you have done all that you are wanting to do then the midi is completed.
In my opinion you don't need to know music theory or be born with it to make good melodies/music, and a lot of people might say different, but as for me I just find notes that I like and continue from there, it's a matter of what you like and not anyone else. If you're at least putting some effort into making a melody then there's really no wrong way to do it. :)
Huntroxic
NS2K Enthusiast

Re: Questions

by ralphe on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:10 am

Hi trick welcome to nonstop2k
http://www.thisflighttonight.com (My originals alt-rock band)
http://ralphe.bandcamp.com (my electronic/techno music)
ralphe
NS2K Legend