[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 68: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 69: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5385: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5387: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5388: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5389: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
Nonstop2k tweaks : Off Topic Chit Chat
Our forum has been closed since 2016. You are still able to read through the old messages, but posting is no longer possible. Enjoy reading back in time of dance music production :)

Privacy notice: some posts may include embedded content and therefore use cookies from those parties (youtube or souncloud, for instance).
Forum rules
Talk about anything in mind that is not music related.

Nonstop2k tweaks

by Sam Cera on Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Hey everyone,

I've been making some changes lately to Nonstop2k. There will be more the coming weeks, but here is what happened so far:

- tags are removed from midi_index.php they were slowing down the loading time enormously.

- front page boxes are removed, we couldn't keep up updating them on a regular base. also the donation button and the testimonials are removed (duplicate box and no need to keep 3 y/o references). new contests will be announced on twitter, facebook and on the forum. if needed we will find other space on the frontpage.

- facebook like box on the front page has been made smaller and doesnt show your face any more, the new and most downloaded midis from this week are repositioned and made more important. also the list of recent forum posts is now more on top of the page. so what really matters, is easily visible.

- removed the bookmark link and the recommend to a friend link. who is still using these 90s features anyway? :)

- I also cleaned up the coding on the front page and midi_index, there was a lot of unnecessary stuff. hopefully this speeds up the site a bit.
Sam Cera
NS2K Admin

Re: Nonstop2k tweaks

by Djowow_91 on Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I like the site like that, it is less loaded,
but the posters: original mix or remix contest / artist interviews / special information
it was good though.
Djowow_91
NS2K Member

by Nexcet on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 pm

I see this! Right NOW on the main page! hahahaha >:]

:mrgreen:
Nexcet
NS2K Member

by Ameyah on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:36 pm

yeah i like the improvements. also the color is ok we using for ages now ...
keep it up John - if u need help tell me.

btw any ideas why big pictures are displayed in that way?!
i know there was a way to keep them smaller or size reduced?!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Use the midi request option MIDI FILES --> MIDI Requests!
Ameyah
The Bank Man

by Sam Cera on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 pm

The pictures are that big now because I removed the javascript for resizing, as it was also resizing the ads we had for AMS and Alonso Sound. I'll see if I can solve this problem another way :)

Btw, I hope the site no longer looks like that right? ;) I'm still busy with making minor adjustments so sometimes the CSS file is being refreshed. Seems like it only loaded partially from that screen. :P
Sam Cera
NS2K Admin

by Ameyah on Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Use the midi request option MIDI FILES --> MIDI Requests!
Ameyah
The Bank Man

by Sam Cera on Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:16 pm

Some more tweaks are finished now by me and our programmers :)

- "other MIDI files" on the midi download page, now show other midi files by that artist as default.

- tags for midi files can be grouped by using "<-- tag here -->". i.e. "armin van buuren" gives the midi the tag 'armin van buuren' rather than 3 tags: armin, van, buuren.

- some minor adjustments to the midi url (no more underscores, just dashes).

- Cleaned up most of the code and fixed validation issues at w3c.

More to come :)
Sam Cera
NS2K Admin

by fourthekill on Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:49 pm

keep doing what ur doing john. Great site u are making here and keeping it more efficient
MYSPACE.COM/FOURTHEKILL.

TRONICB7RECORDS
fourthekill
NS2K Supporter