[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 68: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 69: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5385: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5387: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5388: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5389: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3974)
no more downloads? : Off Topic Chit Chat
Our forum has been closed since 2016. You are still able to read through the old messages, but posting is no longer possible. Enjoy reading back in time of dance music production :)

Privacy notice: some posts may include embedded content and therefore use cookies from those parties (youtube or souncloud, for instance).
Forum rules
Talk about anything in mind that is not music related.

no more downloads?

by godsendxd on Sat May 11, 2013 4:00 am

damn i been downloading midis from here since 2006 ;/ why the sudden change? mega sad face !
godsendxd
NS2K Enthusiast

Re: no more downloads?

by Sam Cera on Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 am

well, there's two reasons

1. we lost google adsense (over a year ago), that was pretty much our only source of income. it kept this site alive and made sure everything to be completely free
2. we tried alternatives, but that didn't work: other adnetworks (rubbish ads - ilived that kinda crap, horrible user experience and didn't make much either), donations (4 bucks in 3 months...that's not even enough for a domain name, thanks to those we donated though!), putting the midis on a different domain that allowed us to have adsense (bad user experience, bad for seo too), so this is the only other thing i could think of really.

and as much as i love this website, im not in the position to put in so much effort and money to keep it alive, just because i love it. so i've decided to take on a different approach and offer premium memberships. and that's why we now have a download limit on the midis (it also keeps other sites from stealing our midis:)). as a guest you get 1 download a day, as a member you'll get 2. that's about 30 or 60 midis a month and should be enough for the majority of the people.

to make it a little more interesting to become a premium members ive decided to make some premium member only midis. i realize not everyone will like it this, but think of it this way: that midi wouldn't have been there if i hadn't made it. so now at least you have a way of getting it if you really wanted it. i mean, its not like we are charging a huge fee. its currently 15euros/year. thats less than US$1,65 a month. also, all midis that are not made by me will still be free, unless the midi maker requests his/her midi to be premium only. and if someone else makes that same midi we have as premium and will upload it, than we will still approve it if its good enough.

if this premium thing starts to take of a bit i will be able to spent more time on coding and design too (the site needs a redesign badly haha). i've also planned to add some more premium features to the site if that's the case. so by becoming a member you will not only get better access, you will also help this site to be what it is and help to make it better :)

alright, hope this explains it a bit for you :)
Sam Cera
NS2K Admin

by Marcus on Sun May 12, 2013 8:10 pm

How come you lost google?
Marcus
NS2K New Member

by godsendxd on Sun May 12, 2013 9:47 pm

gotcha i was just wondering i love this website and when i first started to produce i was coming here since 2005 :) and it has grown on me alot !! but i will be purchasing a membership withing the month :)
godsendxd
NS2K Enthusiast

by Sam Cera on Thu May 16, 2013 3:52 am

Sam Cera
NS2K Admin

by Amirite on Fri May 17, 2013 1:37 am

Hey
We all know the world is changing, also when it comes to what interest people is having, but the true is, once this SITE was the only one on the whole internet that focus on electronic music, also long time before a lot of the site showed up, that now today are huge, like SoundCloud, MixCloud or what else they are called.

I think this site really had it all, but even me who have come here for years also, can see that producers and people with music interest is going somewhere else. Today, you can make a tune on your freakin Iphone, that's just a thing you couldn't when this site was launched. So, we are looking at a world in change, also the way we make music.

Now, just wanted to thank all of those who put time in keeping this site going for so long time, and it's still here. Respect!

I am still here, but i must also admit that i haven't come here so often and supported the site as i should. I hope tho we still will be able to see this site, maybe collab with other music sites? I could name a few, that maybe could be interesting for this site to look at.

:)
Amirite
NS2K Supporter

by revillx on Fri May 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Hey, I've been coming here for years and loved this site, its a shame about the premium member situation cause all its going to do is push users further away from this site, the best thing about nonstop2k was being able to come here download as many midi as you want with no mess (logging in & captcha's) like everywhere else on the net and you've basically killed it with the 'premium memberships' idea. have your tried a 'pay per click' idea, when a user click download a add pops up n you get paid, surely this site gets hundreds of download request a day? wouldn't that idea make enough to keep it free? If not is there absolutely no way to set up another google adsense if that all this site needs to be how it used to be? I might have a go at redesigning this site for you though, be a cool project for a portfolio :)

on a good note i suppose your going to get more members signing up to get that 1 extra midi or to complain in your forum lol
revillx
NS2K New Member

by Silvermagnet on Fri May 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Fair enough, obviously such measures are being taken only to ensure the Website stays online, and it's even more obvious the Admin is no way near making any profit out of running this website, so it's only fair to allow non premium members to download between 1 and 2 Midis per day, still better than losing the website and it's huge database of midi files.
Silvermagnet
NS2K Rookie

by Sam Cera on Sat May 25, 2013 8:24 am

Sam Cera
NS2K Admin

by Prince De Sad on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:39 pm

"NS2K legend" : You have 3 dl left :evil:

:cry:
01001001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01001110 01101111 01101110 01110011 01110100 01101111 01110000 00110010 01001011
http://home2.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/

Prince De Sad
NS2K Legend