Upload a MIDI file
We need you! Without the help of the hundreds of musicians who upload their MIDI files we wouldn't be here. If you would like to contribute and share your MIDI files with your fellow producers, fill in the form below and submit your MIDI files. It is very much appreciated!
Import info for your MIDI
You can still edit before submitting. Track not on beatport? Just fill in the form below!
Info for your MIDI file:
Please supply information of the original track you are uploading.
MIDI Upload FAQ
How do I get my MIDI on your website?
1. Fill in the MIDI upload form above (or use our beatport importer), select your MIDI file and hit submit.
2. Your file is sent to the admins for validation, this usually takes about 7 days (sometimes a bit longer).
3. If approved your MIDI will be available on the site :)
Do I have to use the beatport importer?
Nope, but if the original song is on beatport we recommend you do. It saves you work and avoids errors. Which in turn saves us work too!
I get the message: "Sorry, we cant read this beatport URL due to territory restrictions."
If you have used a valid beatport URL, but we still can't read it either beatport is down for maintenance, or the track page has territory restrications. This means that people from some countries are not able to visit this page. Because our server is based in The Netherlands, we can't import this page if this page isn't available to The Netherlands. You could try a different track page if there is one or fill in the data manually.
Why doesn't my file show up on the site?
All MIDI files need to be validated manually before they are approved. We download the MIDI, check if it works and if the data that is filled in is correct. This doesn't happen everyday (we have other things to do as well ;)). Usually it means we haven't updated yet and you'll have to wait a little longer.
You have updated and my file still isn't there
This means your MIDI was rejected, unfortunately we can't tell you why this is, but it could be one of the following reasons:
- The file upload was errornous and we have a 0kb file that doesn't play. Check your MIDI and upload it again.
- The MIDI is off key or has wrong timing (remember that small mistakes are unavoidable, but big notable mistakes will result in a rejected file). Try improving your MIDI before you upload it again.
- You broke one of the rules (ie, not made by yourself, too short, your own track, too few notes, etc).
How long does validation take?
We update about once a week. If approved your MIDI will be scheduled for publishing which may take up to 3 weeks, but it's usually faster.
My question is not in this list...
Ask it at the forum!